Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 284

Thread: Knoppix 3.4 with 2.6 kernel available in two weeks?

  1. #41
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    20
    For .torrent for Knoppix 3.4 C't version,
    try http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    thanks, that works.

  3. #43
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    Hi all,

    Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:52 am
    For .torrent for Knoppix 3.4 C't version,
    try http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/
    does anyone have the md5 sum for this?

    Or can someone tell me what hash algorythim was used to generate the hash on this page:

    http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/stat...e88f072ce59524


    Cheers,
    Silas Bennett

    =0)

  4. #44
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    20
    I have generated the torrent with the utility from the bittorrrentpackage called btmakemetafile.

    The hash is included in the .torrent, which can bee seen with the help of the command
    btshoinfo:

    $btshowmetainfo Knoppix34-ct.iso.torrent
    btshowmetainfo 20021207 - decode BitTorrent metainfo files

    metainfo file.: Knoppix34-ct.iso.torrent
    info hash.....: f8b06b530c3426cf4d3744a600e88f072ce59524
    file name.....: Knoppix34-ct.iso
    file size.....: 719181824 (2743 * 262144 + 120832)
    announce url..: http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/announce

    I have now added the md5sum as a comment to the torrent, available from the tracker-homepage - and now here:
    1103c0af2af9773d9e33d2d7152e3030 Knoppix34-ct.iso

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    27

    Blank screen knoppix 26 boot problem...

    Well after finally getting a copy (many thanks to the folks who have set up bit torrents), the 2.6.1 kernal version (knoppix26) ran perfectly on my desktop system (DELL Dimension 4500) but refused to boot on my laptop (SONY Vaio) not arriving at the inicial startup screen once I had selected knoppix26... I have had knoppix 3.3 running from the harddisk of the Vaio for several months without a single problem.

    In both cases the usual knoppix 3.4 (not using the 2.6.1 kernal) boot worked fine...

    I hope these boot problems are sorted for the final 3.4 version.

    Tim

  6. #46
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    50
    So without sounding like a stuck record.

    When can we expect 3.4 out and from where can we download it?

  7. #47
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    Check the other thread. People are already downloading it with bit-torrent.

  8. #48
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    50
    I dont have that set up and dont know how to.
    I am very nube.

    I know how to DL from most mirrors but that is about it.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7
    Go here and download and install Bittorrent. They have a link.

    http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/

    Pretty simple actually. After Bt is installed go back to the same page and click on the file you want. That's it.

  10. #50
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16

    Upgrade and deustch

    Hi all!
    I'm spanish, I have 3.2 knoppix on hd, and I would like to upgrade.
    What can I do to upgrade without loose today configuration?
    I thought to use apt-get update + apt-get upgrade (to Debian sid or testing).

    But, maybe the best it's to get new 3.3 knoppix c't edition and install it.
    Maybe I could download 3.4 and test and install it, but I read is only in deustch. But if i install it in hd, could I pass to spanish?

    What did u do people?

    Thanks.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  2. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  3. Kernel Source 2.4.23-xfs and Kernel install for wlan-ng
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. Kernel compile problem - first Knoppix kernel compile
    By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$125.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$219.99



Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB picture

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB

$180.00



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50