Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 284

Thread: Knoppix 3.4 with 2.6 kernel available in two weeks?

  1. #71
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    That's what I'd like to know. I imagine the "real" 3.4 will be installable. When can we expect it???

    TIA,
    AJG
    Another couple of weeks when Cbit takes place in Germany.

    Snow: The 3.4 c't is installable you just have to get the template file and have it in the current directory when you start the install.

  2. #72
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Is that install issue the only difference between the current 3.4 c't version and the upcoming 3.4?

    TIA,
    AJG

  3. #73
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    110
    I suspect there is more than the install. I have remastered a C'T to boot in us english. It apparently does not recognize a wireless card in my notebook, which 3.3 (2-19-04) does successfully. I haven't had time to dig into it, but I beleive this is a kernel mod issue.

  4. #74
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95
    ok, guys, I bought the latest issue of the c't magazine this morning (as I do on every 2nd monday and there's some news regarding knoppix 3.4; there will be a "cebit edition" available at the c't booth by the 18th of march! It features the 2.6.3 and 2.4.25 kernels, improved bluetooth (via bluez-utils) and irda support for mobile connectivity, IPsec tools, nxclient (as a universal remote terminal client for x11, windows and vnc), nforce NIC- and prism 802.11g driver! Theres not much more info at the moment and unfortunately I'm lacking the time and money to go to cebit myself, so I hope someone will be able to provide us with a bittorrent link!

  5. #75
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by EmDee
    ok, guys, I bought the latest issue of the c't magazine this morning (as I do on every 2nd monday and there's some news regarding knoppix 3.4; there will be a "cebit edition" available at the c't booth by the 18th of march! It features the 2.6.3 and 2.4.25 kernels, improved bluetooth (via bluez-utils) and irda support for mobile connectivity, IPsec tools, nxclient (as a universal remote terminal client for x11, windows and vnc), nforce NIC- and prism 802.11g driver! Theres not much more info at the moment and unfortunately I'm lacking the time and money to go to cebit myself, so I hope someone will be able to provide us with a bittorrent link!
    Cool. Thanks for the info. I agree and also hope that someone who attends can set up a bittorrent link.

    Adam

  6. #76
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    20
    If anoyone are lucky to get the cebit-release, feel welcome to use my tracker at http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969 (or http://www.bøge.dk:6969) for the torrent.

    Mail me the torrent - or mail me for an account, so you can upload the torrent yourself.

    [email protected]

  7. #77
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24
    is it in english or just german

  8. #78
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    14
    multilanguage

  9. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1
    Just to clarify: this cebit release is identical to the C't ISO that was available a month ago, correct?

    Edit: Oops. I just read the accouncement again. Different question: the Knoppix34-ct.iso currently listed at tboege's tracker is the month old one, and this cebit release is not yet listed there, correct? (I didn't think to check the date listed before I downloaded it - silly me).

  10. #80
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    50
    WHEN WHEN WHEN????

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  2. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  3. Kernel Source 2.4.23-xfs and Kernel install for wlan-ng
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. Kernel compile problem - first Knoppix kernel compile
    By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



2026 NEW SGIN 15.6

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C

$333.99