Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 284

Thread: Knoppix 3.4 with 2.6 kernel available in two weeks?

  1. #91
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    34
    Never used torrent before. Can I use and is it on the 3.3 Knoppix CD? Can I use it if running Knoppix from the CD? Can I host? What do I need to do to host?

    Thanks.

  2. #92
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2
    Never used torrent before. Can I use and is it on the 3.3 Knoppix CD? Can I use it if running Knoppix from the CD? Can I host? What do I need to do to host?

    Thanks.
    You need to download a bitttorrent client and you might need to open up some firewall ports based on the client which you are using.I kind of like http://azureus.sf.net as the bittorrent client but you can find any other client on http://www.sourceforge.net

    Basically bittorrent is another p2p file sharing network where in you download from other peers and then you atuomatically start sharing the files on the network so that others can download from your machine.

    Bittorrent is not the only option to download iso images.
    You can also download via other p2p netowrks like gnutella,edonkey,overnet kazaa etc.
    Once I download the ISO images typically I release the ISO on the other p2p networks.
    For variosu p2p networks and clients goto http://www.zeropaid.com

    -------------------------------------------------------
    Free Software , Free Speech ,Free Society
    http://bhavesh.freeshell.org

  3. #93
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    90
    Yep, you can use bittorrent with knoppix. First of all you need some place with read/write access to store the downloads and There are various bit torrent files. There is some btdownloadgui, but it generate some error (need some wxPython), but you can use btlaunchmany.

    Launch one console, then, move to some place with read & write access, and then write "sudo btlaunchmany .". Then, must begin to appears some message like "All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot......", and this messages appears every 1 or 2 seconds.

    Then, all you have to do is put some torrent files in this folder( the last dot in the command means: search the torrent files in this folder and dowload the files here; if you want you cant put the destination path here) . And the download will began automathically. In the text messages you will know about tour downloads.

  4. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Knoppix 3.4

    I'm not sure if Cebit has started but it's 16:22 here in Denmark. Does anyone have some piece of information on the status of Knoppix 3.4? Has it been released, are there any Bittorrent links, etc.?

  5. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8
    Arrr!
    Its already 17:07 here in Germany and there is still no BT Tracker...

  6. #96
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    14
    17:15 in Italy...no bittorent on orizont...

  7. #97
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    148
    18.32 CET and I'm leaving work, hopefully by the time I get home there'll be news about the new version... :))

  8. #98
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission Viejo, CA
    Posts
    27

    Is this our answer?

    I'm wondering if this is our answer? The file name is "knoppix34-ct.iso".

    http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/

    Well, if I can download it today, I guess I'll find out. Thanks for posting this if it is real!

    Scott

  9. #99
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118

    Re: Is this our answer?

    Quote Originally Posted by barl0w
    I'm wondering if this is our answer? The file name is "knoppix34-ct.iso".

    http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/

    Well, if I can download it today, I guess I'll find out. Thanks for posting this if it is real!

    Scott
    Im fairly positive that this one is not the new one.This is the c't edition which is the CD which came with the C't magazine sometime in February(it has 2.6 kernel init).Even if you see the date on the torrent you will see it was added on Feb 10. I had downloaded a copy of it in February to try the new 2.6 kernel.

    -----------------------------------------------------
    Free Software , Free Speech , Free Society
    http://bhavesh.freeshell.org

  10. #100
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Santiago / Chile
    Posts
    3

    the wait

    21:05 in Chile....

    Still waiting

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  2. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  3. Kernel Source 2.4.23-xfs and Kernel install for wlan-ng
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. Kernel compile problem - first Knoppix kernel compile
    By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99