Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 284

Thread: Knoppix 3.4 with 2.6 kernel available in two weeks?

  1. #141
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Posts
    5
    Tigren o irc.freenode.net #knoppix is willing to setup download for 50 euros....

    i can give 10e. Are there other people willing to spend $$ or (better) willing to put 3.4 cd on bittorrent?

  2. #142
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by alekibango
    Tigren o irc.freenode.net #knoppix is willing to setup download for 50 euros....

    i can give 10e. Are there other people willing to spend $$ or (better) willing to put 3.4 cd on bittorrent?
    I don't get this, what does this guy need 50eu for? There's people who are willing to provide a bittorrent tracker and bandwith for free, see: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=75! I'm not going to give a single cent to "Tigren", this sound like scam to me.

  3. #143
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    84
    If I can lay hands on the ISO, I'll seed 10GB for free, no problem.

  4. #144
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman
    If I can lay hands on the ISO, I'll seed 10GB for free, no problem.
    Cool, if you do, I'll leave my computer on all night and be seeding like a madman

  5. #145
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    18

    Re: Cebit

    Quote Originally Posted by EmDee
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wflake
    EmDee: why do you have a naked man as an icon?
    lol, I was waiting for someone to ask that question I was searching images.google.com for "linus" and that picture came out on top of the page. It's supposed to be Linus, but although he's one of my personal heroes, I doubt he's got that much muscle mass... And resizing the image degraded the quality even more.. Anyway, theres not really a reason why I chose that pic, it doesn't look like me either, sadly!
    I'd like to point out that the image that you 'obtained' was done by Nitrozac, and is pretty much being copied without permission. I think it was first featured in her After Y2K cartoon.
    http://www.geekculture.com

    (sorry, but I'm on a pretty good basis with the artists behind this, and this has been eating at me a bit since the first time I saw it)

  6. #146
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Tigren was joking about the 50 euro thing, he doesn't have the iso, just was saying that becasue someone was always bugging everyone for it.

  7. #147
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman
    Arrgh! I am a pretty patient guy and normally don't whine. However, I have a brand new HTPC, hardware compliant for 2.6, and only waiting for the release so I can put the boot and image on the solid state HDD. It's cost me a boody fortune, even though I built it myself, and I am running out of Lager, cigarettes and fingernails.
    Hey I have the similar hardware complications.

    I suppose we're just gonna both have to wait to see when these fine men and Frauleins are ready to offer their best.

  8. #148
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3
    I hope the release comes out pretty soon, I have some hungry leechers (fixing to throw away M$) to feed

  9. #149
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    13

    Re: Is this our answer?

    Quote Originally Posted by barl0w
    I'm wondering if this is our answer? The file name is "knoppix34-ct.iso".

    http://www.boegenielsen.dk:6969/
    Why is this torrent going so slow? I've had it open for three or four days now, and there have always been >5 seeds and only a few leechers, though it crawls along at <5KB/s...

  10. #150
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16
    Cebit 2004 – 18.03. until 24.03.2004

    [ << Previous ] [neighbors >>]
    Heise Online-chat: the Schnupper-Linux Knoppix

    Knoppix, that of CD-ROM booting Linuxes that does not touch existing installations, knocks periodicals of publishing house on large interest at the visitors on the Cebit-booth of the Heise. If claws Knopper Linuxes be introduces, forms banned pursue itself a large grape of spectators, that each movement of the mouse pointer on the video projection. Knopper lets no question unanswered. Sometimes these aim not at all on the technology, but rather on that how Knoppix emerged generally. "Actually have I the first CD-ROMS for me personally generates", answers it on that to the surprise of some listeners. "If I suspected had, that Knoppix once such a notice finds, would have I it probably differently named." Also today let Knoppix be only a hobby. "A hobby run totally out of the oar", adds Knopper laughing.


    Knoppers presentations swipe knock at the Heise-booth on lively interest.

    At the current Saturday, we invited claws Knopper in the Heise Online-chat. There it will discuss with support of the c' t-editor Peter you ring Knoppix -details. Also on the booth, the visitors can pursue the chat and can interfere into the discussion. The chat takes place from 15.30 to 16.30 clock. The chat-room is lived opened how already an hour before the organization. To this time, we fade in to the left on the homepages and the chat-side , that you lead directly into the chat.

    (original page http://www.heise.de/newsticker/resul...PPIX%20Knoppix

    translated via http://www.freetranslation.com/)

    knoppix c't cover 4/04 http://www.heise.de/ct/shareware/cover_sw0401.pdf

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  2. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  3. Kernel Source 2.4.23-xfs and Kernel install for wlan-ng
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. Kernel compile problem - first Knoppix kernel compile
    By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS picture

Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS

$1450.00



HMCG88MEBRA115N Hynix 32GB 2RX8 PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz ECC REG RDIMM Memory picture

HMCG88MEBRA115N Hynix 32GB 2RX8 PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz ECC REG RDIMM Memory

$1345.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$288.99