try starting from the other direction![]()
Please can someone give me a walk through of how to remove everything from a knoppix install ?!?
I want to get to a point of it being just a base debian + whatever Knoppix needs to ge to that point..
No X, No apps etc..
Only hardware detection and drivers etc...
I have tried for a while to remove packages..
( I can get into my chrooted knoppix root dir and start apt-get'ing arround...)
but I eventualy get into problems with failed dependencies etc.. ..
and I have no I dea how to continue..
I tried using a kick list and removing just those packages but even they didnt all remove... some of them remained because of errors..
please can you help me..
thanks
try starting from the other direction![]()
yeah, I guess doing a debian install whould be alot easier, if you want it very small.
yea but (I didnt make it clear)
I Want it to be running from a live CD..
so I want a VERY Small knoppix running.
basicly I need to strip knoppix down to its bare minimum..
hmmm. maybe it is easier to do a very minimal debian-install, and convert that back to a knoppix-live-cd. It should be doable, and it might be easier than to strip a knoppix-install.
good luck...
hmmm I hope its easier than that ! : )
Im realy just looking for a shell script (wouldnt it be nice)
that will APT-GET remove everything in the right order etc..
so that it works
anyone got something !?!?
or possibly Knoppix guys, can do an ISO image with just a base debian.
for those of us that want a knoppix with no X or any apps as a starting point for remastering..
Have you considered the morphix base module?
morphix might help. and apt-get should automatically solve dependencys, and using some apt-get-frontends like synaptic and aptitude you might be able to clean your system.
I thought of morphix.
but its looked like it had alot of cruft I didnt want.....
and there didnt seem to be as much documents / good forums for people wanting to remaster.. (could just be I didnt see it yet)
anyone have other ideas of what I Should do ?
or does anyone else have some better / bigger kick lists ?
Jay

(8) Micron 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM PC4-2933Y Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ *TESTED*
$1599.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
LOTS of 2 Samsung 8GB (8x2 16GB) DDR5 RAM Memory M435R1GB4PB1-CCPSG PC5-6400B
$150.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 DDR4-2400T Reg ECC Server RAM HMA82GR7AFR8N-UH (32GB/2) Lot 2
$157.50
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80