I attempted to install this and was a FANTASTIC failure!
I think this is a great idea as well!!!!
Can someone with a bit more skillz give this a whirl?
hi,
I was wondering if anyone out there in knoppix land could add this to a customized cd and make it available for download
http://www.xpde.com/
for those of you too lazy to click on the link, its a windows XP gui for linux... makeing it look and feel like XP. I know very little about linux or programing. I could soooooooooooooo use this, and im certain there are about 50 million people other people on this planet could too.
I love knoppix, and this would really raise the bar if you could put this into someones pc and boot up right into something that looks like xp but is linux... just think of the mass exodus...
-Leg0z
p.s.
please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please........
I attempted to install this and was a FANTASTIC failure!
I think this is a great idea as well!!!!
Can someone with a bit more skillz give this a whirl?
if some one did that, I would burn 50 copies of that and hand them out at the schools around here....
Great idea...
Ill match your 50 CDROM's in Atlanta!!
"Innovate, don't immitate"
I guess it would be a nice move from my xp-theme. never did like those really bad colors. Then again, it would be a very, very sick joke :P
i just feel that more people would make the change if linux lookked framiliar, and the usage was similar.... just one more way to stick it to bill gates....
something like this should actualy be put in the standerd release of knoppix. maybe still have it boot to KDE, because KDE is far superior, but the sure would impress a windows user if you could boot into a windows like enviroment from the get go with a few simple start commands. So how bout it moders? anyone got the skillz to pull this off? me love you long time....
-leg0z
the problem with that is what you need to cut out to get it to fit. I think that they should add XPde to a "conversion" version.... XPde, OO.o, other similar stuff, but cut the "high end" programs.... the stuff a new person to linux wont be needing right away...
a knoppix complete for linux newbies, fantastic idea. Cut out some higher end programs that only an advanced linux users would use to make room for XPde. But, leave enough linux on it so you could get a good experience that way without too much confussion from the get go. Something like this really could cause a big stir in the microsoft world![]()
-Leg0z
that would be fantastic...

Vintage Computer Motherboard Used
$250.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Rare Vintage Soviet KM1801VM3 (КМ1801ВМ3) 16-bit CPU Processor - White Ceramic
$99.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Rare Vintage Soviet T34VM1 (Т34ВМ1) Z80 CPU Processor
$99.00
Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92
Aspen Peripherals Vintage Control Interface PCB Optrex LCD Module Lot of 2
$49.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00