-
Crap, forget it. I just looked at the contents of the CD. I am dead in the water on that one. There is only a couple folders and one big extensionless KNOPPIX file! So I guess if someone was to take this on... It is going to be the whole thing. Sorry.
-
another new team of developers trying to show of their programming skills to the world.
if somebody wants to make it easier for newbies to use linux, why dont they rework the help section?
for example: when xp first opens there is a help screen automatically available, there is actually a helpful help and support section 
i am not into M$/Linux bitching sessions. both opperating systems have their pros and cons.
all knoppix needs is a usable help section not a new desktop.
reece
-

Originally Posted by
reecegeorge
... i am not into M$/Linux bitching sessions...
It is funny that you say that, between two sentences that contradict it.
-
if you think that i was commenting on your posts, there is no need to take offence, i was making a general comment about the thread.
if it is the word 'bitching' that offended you then please replace it with the word 'emotional' and that should do the trick.
i hate it when i use the wrong word
-
Hey, I was just joking! er something... I was pointing out that... ummm nevermind, it was just supposed to be funny. But now it isn't. Crap! I hate when that happens!
-
that is funny after all
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'll spend a little time trying to work XPDE into my upcoming 3.3 version of Overclockix. What I understand is that the script /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig needs reworking for XPDE, and then the cheatcodes need to be altered to allow it to be selected and to be made as the default desktop (think that's in boot.img). And of course XPDE needs to be installed and maybe some settings should be pre-tweaked in /etc/skel/.xpde
Still too busy between being an admin AND a help desk tech to get on this just now. Hopefully by the end of November/beginning of December.
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Dear arkaine23,
I thing that this offer (your offer to mane an iso with xpde) is very great for us.
I am looking forward to try it.
Thank you very much.
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis
-
Has anyone ever tried to join the XPde forum? I tried and I couldn't get a password sent to me. It said it did but I never got it.
(Sorry for posting this in here, but I can't figure out how to get past this problem on the other site)
Click here to go to the forum
Similar Threads
-
By spammehere1234 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 05:08 AM
-
By PotatoHead in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
-
By johnsandidge in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
-
By VNA9216 in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95