Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

Thread: For the love of god can someone do this

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Crap, forget it. I just looked at the contents of the CD. I am dead in the water on that one. There is only a couple folders and one big extensionless KNOPPIX file! So I guess if someone was to take this on... It is going to be the whole thing. Sorry.

  2. #32
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    32
    another new team of developers trying to show of their programming skills to the world.

    if somebody wants to make it easier for newbies to use linux, why dont they rework the help section?

    for example: when xp first opens there is a help screen automatically available, there is actually a helpful help and support section

    i am not into M$/Linux bitching sessions. both opperating systems have their pros and cons.

    all knoppix needs is a usable help section not a new desktop.

    reece

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by reecegeorge
    ... i am not into M$/Linux bitching sessions...
    It is funny that you say that, between two sentences that contradict it.

  4. #34
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    32
    if you think that i was commenting on your posts, there is no need to take offence, i was making a general comment about the thread.

    if it is the word 'bitching' that offended you then please replace it with the word 'emotional' and that should do the trick.

    i hate it when i use the wrong word

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Hey, I was just joking! er something... I was pointing out that... ummm nevermind, it was just supposed to be funny. But now it isn't. Crap! I hate when that happens!

  6. #36
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    32
    that is funny after all

  7. #37
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    I'll spend a little time trying to work XPDE into my upcoming 3.3 version of Overclockix. What I understand is that the script /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig needs reworking for XPDE, and then the cheatcodes need to be altered to allow it to be selected and to be made as the default desktop (think that's in boot.img). And of course XPDE needs to be installed and maybe some settings should be pre-tweaked in /etc/skel/.xpde

    Still too busy between being an admin AND a help desk tech to get on this just now. Hopefully by the end of November/beginning of December.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Thanks, you're the best!

  9. #39
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear arkaine23,
    I thing that this offer (your offer to mane an iso with xpde) is very great for us.

    I am looking forward to try it.

    Thank you very much.

    Best Regards
    Mike Kranidis

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Has anyone ever tried to join the XPde forum? I tried and I couldn't get a password sent to me. It said it did but I never got it.

    (Sorry for posting this in here, but I can't figure out how to get past this problem on the other site)

    Click here to go to the forum

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. sharin' the knoppix love
    By spammehere1234 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 05:08 AM
  2. Ah Knoppix, how I love thee
    By PotatoHead in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
  3. I Love IT ! But have some issues with Knoppix
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
  4. I love Knoppix
    By johnsandidge in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
  5. waht I would really love to see...
    By VNA9216 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop picture

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop

$32.99