sorry, did I miss something
why would some one want to make a linux look like a winxp
Alright, I just blew up my 3.2-based remaster. I still don't really have time right now to commit to a project like this, but I'll get on it when I can. I extracted a 3.3 base and started moving over some of my usual customizations. Will start gutting some of the packages to make more space....
sorry, did I miss something
why would some one want to make a linux look like a winxp
Yes you did miss something, read back a few posts and all will become clear.
If you are a linux pro, no need to go on about how linux is better than windows. We have all heard it before. It isn't that impressive. Actually it is quite boring now. So read back and you will understand.
Wouldn't this be an easier sollution:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=1499
![]()
Actually no it wouldn't. What XPde is doing is creating the "full" environment with a run command, My computer, Network Neighborhood, with the "exact to the pixel" look and feel of Windows. It actually looks more like Win2k but will have the loona ? luna theme. So then freaks like me can move around and be at one with Linux under the hood and I can slowly learn about linux without the shock.
I don't want to have to continue arguing the whole Linux vs. Windows thing. I like Linux's philosophy, I like Windows' look and feel. I also like the software available for windows. I can do everything in widows and I never have a crash. Blue screens are for punks that don't know how to work Windows. I have yet to do anything productive with a Linux machine. What keeps me coming back is the philosophy and the hope that it will be more user friendly.
So, THAT's why you're called Hunkah!Originally Posted by Hunkah
![]()
Actually it is short for Hunkah Crap. It is my interNIC.
so someone (g1powermac) did it..
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/m...d.iso?download
Since this is first release there are still some issues with it:
01:44 < g1powermac> It will default to XPde version 0.4.2 but you can get xfce and xpde version 0.5 booted by typing "desktop=xfce" or "desktop=xpde5" as boot options
01:44 < g1powermac> Also, there is no root terminal "shortcut" yet in it (will be fixed since Gandalfar explained how to do it) so I have set it up like the minimod, where root password is "morphix"
01:45 < g1powermac> And, not all apps are in the start menu, just a selected few at this time
you can su into root, but you need to use "morphix" as a password
---
I just see this thread, and being a fan of overclockix I want to ask to Arkaine what happens with the project to include XPde with overclockix?
i have dun it for both XPde version 0.4 and 0.5
i found it remarkable easy and got the most recent in with few problems
it boots nicely from CD
if any1 has somewhere i can place the iso then it will be good as i have nowhere 2 host it
Its called DebXPde and it is still in development but i can put the versions iso up for both xpde V0.4 and V0.5
DebXPde Development Team

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99