-
Boot using Loadlin
For some reason, I need to create a DOS BOOTABLE rescue disk and wish to put a customized Knoppix on it.
In the CDROM, I have a directory /KNOPPIX with vmlinuz, miniroot.gz, and KNOPPIX; however, I can't start KNOPPIX using Loadlin on /KNOPPIX with the command like this:
loadlin vmlinuz initrd=miniroot.gz BOOT_IMAGE=KNOPPIX
So interesting, if I happen to have a /KNOPPIX with the KNOPPIX file on the C:, KNOPPIX will start.
The problem I have is that I can't assume I will have enough disk space for the file to be resident. I want the image to be on a DOS Bootable CDROM.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
{ B )
NNNN
Similar Threads
-
By y23 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
-
By Sinista in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:08 PM
-
By bigkahuna in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 09:47 PM
-
By Taldor in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
-
By subarus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4
$1840.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00

USB 2.0 Network Print Server LAN Print Share Server USB Wireless Print Server
$25.19

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00