-
Virtual CD for knoppix
it's just my Idea , I'm a newbie in Linux , so I start with knoppix ( i use DELL inspiron 600m) ...it's cool but i dont like its sound when st run , and then I think about winning eleven ( football game ) we can create virtual CD to play it without real CD ..can it be done with Knoppix ??..just a stupid question and idea :P
-
Re: Virtual CD for knoppix

Originally Posted by
cinzano
it's just my Idea , I'm a newbie in Linux , so I start with knoppix ( i use DELL inspiron 600m) ...it's cool but i dont like its sound when st run , and then I think about winning eleven ( football game ) we can create virtual CD to play it without real CD ..can it be done with Knoppix ??..just a stupid question and idea :P
Welcome. Right now I'm running Knoppix on a Dell 450 PII with 384 M RAM. I copied the Knoppix CD to a partition on my hard drive and created a boot diskette to start it. I found out how to set it up on the Hdd Install Forum.
There are 2 different installs discussed, Debian and Knopper. One of these days I'm going to try the Debian install. I'm so happy to have DSL and use it without worry. No worms, viruses, or root attacks. It's the ultimate online lockdown.
Thanks, Klaus Knopper!
-
What I usually do is just stick an old 1 gig hard drive into the Knoppix computer. Copy the 700 meg filesystem onto there, and use the fromhd boot option.
- Ambrose
-
today I also found out how to install Knoppix in to hd with command knx-hdinstall ( in FAQ )
now in my DELL there are 2 system linux a XP , it runs well ..my first lesson in linux
Similar Threads
-
By TimWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By chris-uk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 08:38 PM
-
By kenblood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
-
By ndv2l in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By orang55 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 04:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

MSI B460M PRO-VDH WIFI LGA1200 Micro ATX Motherboard
$94.99