Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Virtual CD for knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    2

    Virtual CD for knoppix

    it's just my Idea , I'm a newbie in Linux , so I start with knoppix ( i use DELL inspiron 600m) ...it's cool but i dont like its sound when st run , and then I think about winning eleven ( football game ) we can create virtual CD to play it without real CD ..can it be done with Knoppix ??..just a stupid question and idea :P

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ozark Mts, USA
    Posts
    33

    Re: Virtual CD for knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by cinzano
    it's just my Idea , I'm a newbie in Linux , so I start with knoppix ( i use DELL inspiron 600m) ...it's cool but i dont like its sound when st run , and then I think about winning eleven ( football game ) we can create virtual CD to play it without real CD ..can it be done with Knoppix ??..just a stupid question and idea :P
    Welcome. Right now I'm running Knoppix on a Dell 450 PII with 384 M RAM. I copied the Knoppix CD to a partition on my hard drive and created a boot diskette to start it. I found out how to set it up on the Hdd Install Forum.

    There are 2 different installs discussed, Debian and Knopper. One of these days I'm going to try the Debian install. I'm so happy to have DSL and use it without worry. No worms, viruses, or root attacks. It's the ultimate online lockdown.

    Thanks, Klaus Knopper!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    92
    What I usually do is just stick an old 1 gig hard drive into the Knoppix computer. Copy the 700 meg filesystem onto there, and use the fromhd boot option.

    - Ambrose

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    2
    today I also found out how to install Knoppix in to hd with command knx-hdinstall ( in FAQ )
    now in my DELL there are 2 system linux a XP , it runs well ..my first lesson in linux

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix & MS Virtual PC
    By TimWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
  2. Knoppix -- virtual and real in the same CD/DVD
    By chris-uk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 08:38 PM
  3. Knoppix in a Virtual PC virtual machine hosted under Win XP
    By kenblood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
  4. knoppix & virtual pc 6
    By ndv2l in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 04:57 AM
  5. Knoppix on Virtual PC (Mac)
    By orang55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot picture

USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot

$1082.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99