Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 Boot help please.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14

    Knoppix 3.3 Boot help please.

    I have RH9 on hdb2, when I installed Knx 3.3 on hda1 i lost lilo to boot into Red Hat, that's fine because I have a boot disk to access RH and am migrating to Knoppix eventually so I'm not too worried about fixing the boot problem there.
    Last night I installed Win 98 on 3rd partition of hda. Now lilo doesn't display at all at boot and loads Windows straight away. Forseeing this and not being knowledgable on Lilo and Boot procedures and the like, I made a bootdisk for Knx prior to Win installation. For some unknown reason the disk is blank now?? Anyway my question is how do I fix lilo or make a bootdisk to load Knx? I don't mind if I end up having to only use a disk to boot Win as it is only occasionally used. I just want my Knoppix back!!!

    Also what is a good command to upgrade my evolution to the latest version, (currently using 1.0.5) Could I somehow load it off the Red Hat cds?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Boot from the live CD, then do something like this in a console window:
    Code:
    sudo bash
    mount -w /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
    chroot  /mnt/hda1
    lilo
    exit

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14
    Worked a treat, windos_no_thanks

    GREAT

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix/Win2K Dual Boot using boot.ini
    By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
  2. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  3. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  4. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB  SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)

$138.56



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD picture

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD

$40.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" MZ-ZLN512C 512GB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MZ7LN512HAJQ-000H1

$49.99