Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 Boot help please.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14

    Knoppix 3.3 Boot help please.

    I have RH9 on hdb2, when I installed Knx 3.3 on hda1 i lost lilo to boot into Red Hat, that's fine because I have a boot disk to access RH and am migrating to Knoppix eventually so I'm not too worried about fixing the boot problem there.
    Last night I installed Win 98 on 3rd partition of hda. Now lilo doesn't display at all at boot and loads Windows straight away. Forseeing this and not being knowledgable on Lilo and Boot procedures and the like, I made a bootdisk for Knx prior to Win installation. For some unknown reason the disk is blank now?? Anyway my question is how do I fix lilo or make a bootdisk to load Knx? I don't mind if I end up having to only use a disk to boot Win as it is only occasionally used. I just want my Knoppix back!!!

    Also what is a good command to upgrade my evolution to the latest version, (currently using 1.0.5) Could I somehow load it off the Red Hat cds?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Boot from the live CD, then do something like this in a console window:
    Code:
    sudo bash
    mount -w /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
    chroot  /mnt/hda1
    lilo
    exit

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14
    Worked a treat, windos_no_thanks

    GREAT

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix/Win2K Dual Boot using boot.ini
    By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
  2. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  3. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  4. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00