-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.3 Boot help please.
I have RH9 on hdb2, when I installed Knx 3.3 on hda1 i lost lilo to boot into Red Hat, that's fine because I have a boot disk to access RH and am migrating to Knoppix eventually so I'm not too worried about fixing the boot problem there.
Last night I installed Win 98 on 3rd partition of hda. Now lilo doesn't display at all at boot and loads Windows straight away. Forseeing this and not being knowledgable on Lilo and Boot procedures and the like, I made a bootdisk for Knx prior to Win installation. For some unknown reason the disk is blank now?? Anyway my question is how do I fix lilo or make a bootdisk to load Knx? I don't mind if I end up having to only use a disk to boot Win as it is only occasionally used. I just want my Knoppix back!!!
Also what is a good command to upgrade my evolution to the latest version, (currently using 1.0.5) Could I somehow load it off the Red Hat cds?
Similar Threads
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 UDIMM w/ XMP CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
$90.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00