What does
say?Code:cat /etc/mtab
What about
?Code:cat /etc/fstab
I don't appear to have a /proc anymore....
I used to have one![]()
It all started when I tried usbview and it told me I didn't have a /proc/usb
Figuring its only because of permissions i tried it as root....
hmm same problem so I got off my lazy ass to look and its right, /proc isn't mounted....
Is it just me ......
What does
say?Code:cat /etc/mtab
What about
?Code:cat /etc/fstab
I just got home so looked again!!!
I guess I should try the livecd again but I felt sure it was working before....
I have presently got a USB mem and bluetooth device plugged in.... the usb mem is mounted and usuable!!
but NODEVFS filesystem!
root@shuttle:/proc/bus/usb# ls -al
total 0
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 29 18:44 .
dr-xr-xr-x 5 root root 0 Jan 29 18:44 ..
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda5 none swap defaults 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hdb1 /mnt/hdb1 ext3 noauto,useroot@shuttle:/proc/bus/usb# lsmod
Module Size Used by Tainted: P
nls_cp437 4348 1 (autoclean)
usb-storage 60960 1
rfcomm 30496 0 (autoclean)
l2cap 17452 2 (autoclean) [rfcomm]
hci_usb 8700 0 (unused)
bluez 30916 2 [rfcomm l2cap hci_usb]
nls_iso8859-1 2844 1 (autoclean)
nvnet 26528 1
parport_pc 24840 1 (autoclean)
lp 7492 0 (autoclean)
parport 22496 1 (autoclean) [parport_pc lp]
pcmcia_core 39712 0
af_packet 13448 0 (autoclean)
autofs4 8756 1
agpgart 38296 0 (unused)
i810_audio 25064 0
ac97_codec 11884 0 [i810_audio]
soundcore 3428 2 [i810_audio]
serial 51972 0
printer 7680 0
usb-ohci 18184 0 (unused)
usbcore 57472 0 [usb-storage hci_usb printer usb-ohci]
apm 9768 1
rtc 6908 0
ext3 63940 3
jbd 46100 3 [ext3]
rs,exec 0 0
Im basically trying to get the bluez working
and I wanted to see what it was reported as in /proc/bus/usb
You need this line in your /etc/fstab then after editing the file mount -a as root should mount it for you.
Code:none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
Will try when I get home![]()
That worked great thanks
Anyone any ideas why...
That is the line needed to give the usb devices a bus and somehow it gets left out when you do the HD install.Originally Posted by gowator

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00