Feeds are back again!!! enjoy!
Oh...gee...I'm sorry. I didn't notice the original post's date. Maybe you should close the thread or something so it won't get resurrected again.![]()
Feeds are back again!!! enjoy!
I set up Thunderbird for the "Latest posts across all forums" feed last night; my first experience with RSS. I started getting stuff right away. But when I contrast what I had this morning against what is new on the forums, it looks like I missed a lot. My first question would be are the new forums in this feed? They don't seem to be as there was a new post in the Games forum that never made it to my RSS feed. I seem to be missing some posts from other forums too. Tthere were an awful lot more posts in the forums than I have on the RSS feed, so maybe it's just that I'm missing posts. I want to run the feed a bit longer and compare t to what I see on the forums, but I expect I'll end up just reading the forums on-line and turn off the RSS feed.Originally Posted by eadz
Am I missing something here (could be, this is my first experience with RSS) or is RSS seriously broke? I left thunderbird running last night when I went to bed and checked both it and the html list of new stuff when I got up. The result: There were 32 threads that had new stuff in them since I last was on the forum. The RSS feed had a total of 6 new entries. By my understanding, using the "Latest posts across all forums" feed, I should have actually had more than 32 entries (since many threads had more than one new entry in them), not 6.
The rss feed shows the X newest posts. It doesn't know what posts you have and havn't looked at...Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Thanks, eadz. That at least gives me some idea of how it should work. But it doesn't seem to be working that way. I'm not clear on what X is set to. I don't seem to have any such setting in Thunderbird, so I'm guessing it's set on the server side. But I do have a setting of how often to check for new articles, and I reduced it down to checking every ten minutes. It would seem that there would have to be a lot of posts witin just s few minutes for me to miss many posts with that setting. And yet, as I said, there were 32 new or updated threads when I first checked after getting up today, with more new posts than that since some threads had multiple new posts, but I only had a total of 6 in my RSS feed. I ran another this this afternoon. In a period where there were 25 new or updated threads, more posts than that since again some threads had multiple posts (and one more since I posted but wouldn't see that as an updated thread), but once again only 6 of them made it to my RSS feed. Hard to understand that happening if I'm checking as frequently as every ten minutes.Originally Posted by eadz
As I've said elsewhere, this isn't a big issue to me; I've determined that the web interface of new or updated threads is much more useful to me than the RSS feed and I'll be shutting Thunderbird down soon. But as far as how well it's working, I still think something is wrong.

HPE DL385 Gen10 Plus 2x EPYC 7513 1024GB DDR4 RAM 6x 6.4TB 2x 800G SAS 100G RAID
$54229.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97