Better move this post the 'HD install' section.
Following a standard Knoppix 3.3 hard disk install the wheel on my Logitech Cordless MouseMan scrolls perfectly, but when I click it, it produces the same behaviour as the button that is under my thumb. I would like the "thumb button" to be recognised as a different button. I have checked on the web and tried the various different setups, but nothing changes.
The relevant section of my XF86config file is:
And after restarting X, I type into a console window:Section "InputDevice"
***Identifier "Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel"
***Driver "mouse"
***Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
***Option "Protocol" "MouseManPlusPS/2"
***Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
***Option "Buttons" "6"
***Option "ZAxisMapping" "5 6"
EndSection
Which produces the following error:xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 6 3 5 4"
Any suggestions?xmodmap: commandline:0: bad number of buttons, must have 5 instead of 6
xmodmap: 1 error encountered, aborting.
Thanks,
Tim
Better move this post the 'HD install' section.
Sorry, I will repost this question in hdinstall.
Thanks,
Tim

Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL
$60.00
Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99
Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00
Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s
$89.00
Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99
$80.00
HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.
$69.00
Vintage Tandy the fundamentals HX/TX tandy cat. no. 25-1186 New Sealed
$325.00