reboot.
Help.
I did something wronge, don't ask me what it is.
But i can't start apache anymore, I get this error:
Starting web server: apacheProcessing config directory: /etc/apache/conf.d
failed
invoker-rc.d: initscript apache, action "start" failed
....
reboot.
maybe "dpkg-reconfigure apache"
after Reboot: same problem.
dpkg-reconfigure apache give me this :
apache is broken or not fully installed
I did a apt-get --pure remove apache etc etc.
then apt-get install apache etc etc.
then dpkg-reconfigure but i got apache is broken or not fully installed.
apt-get install --reinstall apacheOriginally Posted by raduen
Still the same problem after atp-get install --reinstall
An other wired thing, when I browse to http:/ipnumber i get the standard apache page : Welcome to Your New Home in Cyberspace! etc etc
but when i do a ps -ef|grep apache i don't get any procceses runining with the name apache. I seem like apache is runing but i can't seem to stop of start it, or am i mistaken ?????
It is not running under the name httpd is it? I have in the post noticed that sometimes the main apache program is called this.
httpd was running, killed httpd uninstall it install apache, still the same problem. But thanks for all the reply's.
I'll start from scratch....
I'm still in de learning stage withlinux so it's not a problem.......
Next time a will write down what i change when it's a big change....
![]()
HI
team
i am new to knoppix linux (3.1 ,3.2 ), i need to know as to how to start the apache server. i also wanted to know whether ii is completely built in facility in knoppix.
plz help me out.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02
$140.00
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00