Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Getting Closer to KNOPPIX CITRIX CD

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    13
    hey, i was trying to get a live cd citrix going too but I am/was even more of a newb so I never got very far.. citrix on linux is ignored by citrix, i tried askin some people at a tech conference once.. it seems possible with the live cd and that client... if someone with a bit more linux/live cd expierience could HELP !!!!

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Hi all,

    finally I have the Citrix ICA client installed in the home directory of a original Knoppix (not remastered) - it is working well but was a bit tricky to do.

    Before I write a klik recipe (http://klik.berlios.de) for one-klik installation, I want to ask whether anyone is still interested in running the Citrix client. That would allow anyone to install Citrix in Knoppix by simply a klik, without hd-installing or remastering the CD.

    Please let me know, folks.

    probono

  3. #13
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30

    citrix on knoppix

    I am still interested in getting it running on knoppix. This one click thing you are talking about? Please explain what you mean? Can I still end up with a bootable cd with citrix installed?

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: citrix on knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by dugstratton
    This one click thing you are talking about? Please explain what you mean? Can I still end up with a bootable cd with citrix installed?
    Technically: Yes. Please see http://klik.berlios.de - if you burn your persistent home to CD then you have a CD that contains the klik-installed apps.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1

    Working on a Knoppix Citrix version also!

    I have to have this project completed by the end of next week. Been working on it since Monday. Started running into a snag with the iso burns.

    Was wondering if you had gotten back the creating your Knoppix Citrix distro?

    If you haven't or can't, I'll share all I can on my current and future progress on the project.

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30
    I have nothing at this point except the stuff that might be here (I have not had time to look at it.)http://klik.berlios.de) for one-klik installation Anything you come up with I can sure use. Thanks

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    And finally - the Citrix client is in klik now:
    klik://icaclient (klik client must be installed)

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7

    Still interested in Knoppix klik install

    I could definitely use one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How to install Citrix on Knoppix CD???
    By PanosLinux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 11:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 10:56 AM
  3. Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX
    By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 11:57 AM
  4. Citrix ICA 7 won't run on HD copy of KNOPPIX
    By dugstratton in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
  5. knoppix cd with citrix ICAclient : menue-entry for user ?
    By subwoofer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 02:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99