-
/dev/tty7 lost too!
Hi,
All I can say is you 're not losing your mind, I thought I was losing mine when after a few reboots my X stopped working with a message about "virtual console 7" not being available. Although I thought there are only 6 virtual consoles in "normal" Linux and I had no idea X needed a virtual console, I tried
MAKEDEV /dev/tty7
and my X was back! Losing other /dev entries sounds very, very dangerous of course, and I hope someone has an idea, maybe we can install a monitoring program that records the time, date and process that something is deleted?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By Egypt322 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 04:12 PM
-
By Baraboo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By wrangler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:14 AM
-
By jojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00