-
/dev/tty7 lost too!
Hi,
All I can say is you 're not losing your mind, I thought I was losing mine when after a few reboots my X stopped working with a message about "virtual console 7" not being available. Although I thought there are only 6 virtual consoles in "normal" Linux and I had no idea X needed a virtual console, I tried
MAKEDEV /dev/tty7
and my X was back! Losing other /dev entries sounds very, very dangerous of course, and I hope someone has an idea, maybe we can install a monitoring program that records the time, date and process that something is deleted?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By Egypt322 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 04:12 PM
-
By Baraboo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By wrangler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:14 AM
-
By jojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97