One more thing.
In this forum how does one change their Forum name?
I would like to change mine. The name I think will be obvious.
Hi.
Please bear with me.
I have been playing with Linux for some time now and still do not know a great deal.
My problem is with a program called Gaim.
I am trying to get my AIM acct set up on it and I am having no luck.
I enter my screen name and password (which I know are good because I use this on a windows machine that I keep trying to get rid of but I always have to come back to it for some reason or another. Like this) and it tells me that : XXX= my screen name
XXXXXXXX was unable to sign on: Incorrect nickname or password.
Ok. Now I know the password is correct. the word and case are correct (case being lower and not upper)
What I do not know is what is the nickname it is refering to and if I knew what it was where wouln I enter it so that I could use it and there by then begin using my AIM acct on Linux which I realy would like to do. I hate having to fall back to windows just to do something like IMing people.
Any help would be great.![]()
One more thing.
In this forum how does one change their Forum name?
I would like to change mine. The name I think will be obvious.
I had the same problem too, I don't think you can use the same screenname for gaim and aim so you need to pick a new one. go to my.screenname.aol.com then click on get a screenname and fill out the form, and you should be all set. Otherwise you could get aim for linux here http://www.aim.com/get_aim/linux/latest_linux.adp?aolp= hope this helps.
Thanks
That's weird. I've always used my aim screenname in gaim....
me tooOriginally Posted by arkaine23
I would have thought so too. But my AIM name will not work.Originally Posted by champagnemojo
However I did get a version of it to work. I added 2004 to the end ot the name and it works fine.
Do the users here that use AIM and GAIM and it works, are ther numbers in your screen name? And like wise, those that wont. Are there no numbers in your name.
Man that image needs to be resized.![]()
![]()
No, there are no numbers in mine. And I've never seen such an issue discussed on the Gaim forums at sourceforge...so I don't think that's the problem. But I could be wrong.Originally Posted by Snow
![]()
I never used AIM much, but I recently tried gaim and my AOL screenname didn't work either....
Regards,
AJG

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
MSI B460M PRO-VDH WIFI LGA1200 Micro ATX Motherboard
$94.99