Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Printer installation problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    27

    Printer installation problem

    I have three printers connected to my machine via a USB hub: an HP 1000 LasterJet, an HP 7550 PhotoJet and a HP 2310 OfficeJet.

    Some time ago I configured them using the Peripherals part of the KDE Control Center, selecting printers and then changing to Administrator Mode.

    I then used the Add Printer option and follows the KDE Wizard. Even though all three printers appeared as USB printers, and the printer selection from the HP menu was easy. Everything worked ok.

    Since then I have updated and upgraded the system many times, and recently the HP LaserJet 1000 has stopped working...

    No errors, no messages, but no output... If I boot WindowsXP it works fine, so it is not a connection problem.

    I tried reinstalling it and now KDE tells me that it cannot find the driver. After selecting the HP 1000, it offers me two selections, the first being:

    HP LaserJet 1000 (Foomatic + foo2zjs) [recommended]

    Which when I select it, gives the following error:

    It is not possible to create the Foomatic [HP-LaserJet_1000,foo2zjs]. Either the controler does not exist or you do not have the necessary permisions to undertake this operation.

    Since I am running the wizzard as root, it can not be a permissions problem...

    Soooo, I searched around and found a Laserjet driver in /usr/share/cups/mode (or something like that) and selected it from within the KDE printing Wizard, and it was accepted ok.

    However, when I try to print a test page, KDE thinks that it has sent the page ok, but nothing comes out on the printer...

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Tim

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    Hello timread,
    maybe this site helps:

    http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...-LaserJet_1000

    It has got instructions about how to use the Windows driver package. They write that this method was tested by others...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    27

    No luck

    Thanks for your advice, I have tried the steps they suggest, and when I cat the .img file the printer comes to life, but still does not print afterwards...

Similar Threads

  1. printer problem
    By Irvingf in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 02:04 AM
  2. Printer driver installation problem.
    By massai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 05:29 AM
  3. Printer Problem.
    By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 09:07 AM
  4. Printer Problem
    By smandula in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2003, 05:57 AM
  5. Printer problem
    By Guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2002, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00