-
Junior Member
registered user
Want FTP client, trying kbear, but...
Some questions are so basic, I guess, that they don't get added to the FAQ. Getting an FTP client up and running (on my Knoppix HD install) would seem to be one of those. 
I know I can use Konqueror, and I've found command-line FTP, but since I'm a total newbie I want to get used to installing programs. It looks like KBear (http://kbear.sourceforge.net/) is a nice GUI FTP client, so I'm trying to install it. And I'm getting dependency errors, so I'm trying to install the things it's dependent on.
http://www.debian.org/ is a handy resource for installing apps, so I'm getting the .deb from there. Actually, I'm copying the URL of the .deb file from Opera (which I did get installed, whee!) to KPackage. KBear had a few dependency problems, so I tried grabbing one of them, kdelibs3. But it doesn't want to install either:
Selecting previously deselected package kdelibs3.
dpkg: regarding .../kdelibs3_2.2.2-13.woody.8_i386.deb containing kdelibs3:
kdelibs4-dev conflicts with kdelibs3 (<< 4:3.0.0)
kdelibs3 (version 4:2.2.2-13.woody.

is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing //root/.kpackage/kdelibs3_2.2.2-13.woody.8_i386.deb (--install):
conflicting packages - not installing kdelibs3
Errors were encountered while processing:
//root/.kpackage/kdelibs3_2.2.2-13.woody.8_i386.deb
Any suggestions for a) a more newbie-install-friendly FTP client or b) the right way to install KBear?
(And if you have a chance, I'd like to know why KPackage takes soooooo long to show the dialog when I hit File/Open)
Similar Threads
-
By linux_trojan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 03:13 AM
-
By lor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By kayl in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 10:28 AM
-
By 4season in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:56 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple AppleDesign Powered Speakers M6082 Single Beige 1993 Mac Audio
$24.99

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested
$210.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00