Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
Try apt-get -s install kbear/unstable to tell apt to simulate getting the package from unstable. If this does not work can we see the output of apt-cache policy kbear.
I thought for sure that would work... but it generated the same output that was generated without /unstable. Here's the output you requested:

Quote Originally Posted by apt-cache
root@littlecutie:/home/rab# apt-cache policy kbear
kbear:
Installed: 1.2.1-13
Candidate: 2.1.1-1
Version Table:
2.1.1-1 0
990 http://ftp2.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
*** 1.2.1-13 0
500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
The strangest thing is that kbear claims to have dependencies on kmines, if I'm interpreting the output correctly. I still don't see what in the world kmines has to do with kbear! If it's useful, here's the output when I try to apt-get kmines, just to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by apt-get
root@littlecutie:/home/rab# apt-get -s install kmines
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kbear: Depends: kdelibs3 (>= 4:2.2.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqt2 (>= 3:2.3.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: kdebase-libs but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
What?! kbear needs kmines needs kbear. Do I have something corrupted, or what?