Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Using KnoppixHD install as Test Webserver for Dreamweaver

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dublin - Ireland
    Posts
    2

    Using KnoppixHD install as Test Webserver for Dreamweaver

    Hi, I am a newbie aswell, I want to use knoppix 3.3 (19/11/03) as a web server test platform for Dreamweaver.

    I am having problems with the ftp connection between dreamweaver running on a XP pc and knoppix on another pc over LAN.

    My intention is to run Linux/Apache/Mysql/Php (LAMP) on knoppix server.

    Macromedia say you must use a ssh connect to LAMP server and suggest using putty with plink. I have followed their instructions on the website but with no joy. Keep getting ftp connect error but looks if it's finding the host ok.

    I think there maybe a few configuration settings I am missing on the knoppix server to allow access to the /var/www. I am login in as root at the moment. I have tested the putty ssh link on it's own and that works ok.

    Maybe Dreamweaver a bit cranky when it comes to logging into linux webservers ??

    Just wondered if anyone else has possibly come across this, I guess this is probably a fairly standard config to do by now ???

    Bruce

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    Try Samba and a mapped drive

    I also use KNOPPIX in a LAMP configuration for Dreamweaver and I found using Samba with a windows mapped drive works well for me.

Similar Threads

  1. Macromedia Dreamweaver like application for Knoppix?
    By dr_rude in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 06:37 PM
  2. Knoppix as webserver
    By rubis in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 04:44 PM
  3. webserver permission
    By wildcat in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 02:27 AM
  4. Finally: Dreamweaver MX on Knoppix (w/ Crossover Office)
    By probono in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 06:02 AM
  5. Script to run Dreamweaver in Wine?
    By probono in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 12:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$184.95



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17 picture

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17

$3.35



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH picture

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH

$649.95



Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC picture

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC

$370.00



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99