-
Boot up a box into X/Terminal Server without monitor
Hi all,
I have received an older Compaq box as a gift. No monitor. 1GB harddrive. I want to use it as a home network server.
I have only laptops around, so there is no way I can use a monitor to set up the box.
Can anybody suggest if I could use Knoppix or any of its customisations to boot this box from CD and be able to log in either in a terminal mode or XWindow Client mode from my Linux laptop through Ethernet?
I have a hardware router with DHCP set up.
May be I should use something less sophysticated, say, a floppy distro? But If Knoppix would be able to do what I need, I would spare myself the tinkery with new distributions.
Thanks for your suggestons!
Similar Threads
-
By thewolf in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 08:01 PM
-
By sunburnt in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
-
By zandoval in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2005, 03:39 AM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Verizon Yealink SIP-T46S T46S IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Ready (Open Box)
$74.99

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00