Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Netgear MA311, 11 Mbit, 802.11b

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Netgear MA311, 11 Mbit, 802.11b

    I bought me the wlan card above, but I can't get it working with knoppix 3.3.

    When I boot it I get the message
    "cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 00:11,0"

    When I start wlanconfig it tells me that there are no wireless extensions.

    an lspci does not show the card.

    dmesg tells me:
    PCI: Found IRQ 11 for Device 00:11.0
    PCI: Shareing TRQ 11 with 00:0b.0
    Detected Orinoco/Prism2 PCI Device at 00:11.0 IRQ 11
    Reset done
    Clear Reset
    orinoco-pci: Busy timeout

    Failed to start the card.

    What can I do now ?

    Markus

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    Have you installed Knoppix to the hard disk or are you running from CD?

    If you are on the hard disk, there is a thread here http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...003/09/1/87388 that shows a couple of other driver projects you could have a go installing.

    If you are running from CD, there are not so many options. Maybe you could try getting and running earlier versions of Knoppix. A few people have reported that things that used to work with 3.2 have stopped working in 3.3.

  3. #3
    I installed it on my Harddrive.

    I am not experienced in compiling drivers... But I fear there is no other solution

    There no older Versions of Knoppix here for download...
    Is there another place where I can get them ?

Similar Threads

  1. netgear wg511t
    By squimmy in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 12:07 AM
  2. Netgear help
    By Kite516 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 10:14 PM
  3. ma311 prism problems
    By kendals in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 02:48 AM
  4. Netgear MA401
    By vishalkapoorv in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:10 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00



Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512

$65.00