Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Netgear MA311, 11 Mbit, 802.11b

  1. #1

    Netgear MA311, 11 Mbit, 802.11b

    I bought me the wlan card above, but I can't get it working with knoppix 3.3.

    When I boot it I get the message
    "cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 00:11,0"

    When I start wlanconfig it tells me that there are no wireless extensions.

    an lspci does not show the card.

    dmesg tells me:
    PCI: Found IRQ 11 for Device 00:11.0
    PCI: Shareing TRQ 11 with 00:0b.0
    Detected Orinoco/Prism2 PCI Device at 00:11.0 IRQ 11
    Reset done
    Clear Reset
    orinoco-pci: Busy timeout

    Failed to start the card.

    What can I do now ?

    Markus

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    Have you installed Knoppix to the hard disk or are you running from CD?

    If you are on the hard disk, there is a thread here http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...003/09/1/87388 that shows a couple of other driver projects you could have a go installing.

    If you are running from CD, there are not so many options. Maybe you could try getting and running earlier versions of Knoppix. A few people have reported that things that used to work with 3.2 have stopped working in 3.3.

  3. #3
    I installed it on my Harddrive.

    I am not experienced in compiling drivers... But I fear there is no other solution

    There no older Versions of Knoppix here for download...
    Is there another place where I can get them ?

Similar Threads

  1. netgear wg511t
    By squimmy in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 12:07 AM
  2. Netgear help
    By Kite516 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 10:14 PM
  3. ma311 prism problems
    By kendals in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 02:48 AM
  4. Netgear MA401
    By vishalkapoorv in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:10 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book picture

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book

$37.49



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount picture

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount

$350.00