Sorry, I’m new in this forum, and at first, posted this question in General Support, next I’ve read all “HDD Install” section and I’ve not found answer for my problem.
It was possible to copy Knoppix-3.2 core to HD and use it faster from there, but Knoppix-3.3 cannot find core on any (vfat, ext2, ext3) HD partitions (i.e., mount them), and also refuse to perform boot commands “fromhd” or “tohd”.
Additionally, kernel vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs boots only from Knoppix-3.3 CD, or with initrd=/miniroot.gz in lilo, but if it boots without Knoppix-3.3 CD it ends with “Kernel panic, cannot mount root partition …”. I tried recommended for this case: knoppix mem=256M without success (also tried 249M, 248M, 247M as 8M is used for integrated video, and other kernels recognize usable 248M).
What is a problem?? How to boot this kernel when entire Knoppix-3.3 (or only compressed core) is copied to HD??
I’d like to add than copied to HD Knoppix-3.3 works good (with some restrictions as vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs modules are not loaded) after booting in other kernels as from floppy or HD lilo, or by linld.exe, but vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs led to “kernel panic, cannot mount root ...”
In HDD Install I met in lilo:
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
What is this initrd.gz ?? Where to get it??
initrd=/miniroot.gz placed on HD from Knoppix CD led to the same result , i.e., Sorry, cannot find Knoppix.
Any suggestion??
Best, Alex

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99
Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$700.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99