-
Junior Member
registered user
n00bie Questions on Configuring Connexant
Hi All,
I am a total n00bie in Linux, so please forgive my ignorance. I have run Knoppix 3.3 a few times now and must admit that having to boot again in Windoze to send this message is a bit of an anticlimax!
My problem is that I can't fire up my modem(s). I have a Connexant pci winmodem (Rockwell) which I wouldn't expect Linux to fire up. However, I also have a US Robotics Sportster which I was hoping Knoppix would configure.
The pci modem data is as follows:
------------
================================================== ===================
= RESULT OF MODEM QUERY =
================================================== ===================
NUMBER OF MODEMS FOUND = 1
MODEM #1:
PCI CONFIGURATION INFORMATION READ:
VENDOR ID : 127A
DEVICE ID : 1004
SUBVENDOR ID : 144F
SUBDEVICE ID : 1009
REVISION ID : 01
DEDUCED INFORMATION:
VENDOR NAME : ROCKWEL
DEVICE NAME : HCF DATA/FAX/REMOTE TAM
SUBVENDOR NAME : ASKEY -- HTTP://WWW.ASKEY.COM.TW
MODEM TYPE : HCF
WINXP INBUILD SUPPORT : YES
================================================== ===================
I have read a number of posts on how to configure connexant modems but they mostly refer to HSF not HCF modems and I am so ignorant of the Linux architecture that I would not know how to change those instructions to make them applicable to an HCF.
Could you please guide me to configure my modem - without internet access I can't enjoy Linux as I would like to!
Regards,
Mick
Similar Threads
-
By pcorajr in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 12:41 AM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By Viro in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:43 AM
-
By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 09:37 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 02:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95