Hi,
I've got a hard disk install of knoppix on my Portege 3480, I'm using a Cardbus Xircom Realport ethernet adapter and it's running great.
I've installed Toshutils to handle the advanced power management stuff and that works too, so that when I close the lid of the laptop it automatically goes to sleep (I assume a "suspend").
The problem I have is that when I open the lid of the laptop my networking doesn't restart.
I've tried creating a script called "networking" in /etc/apm/event.d and making it executable with "chmod 755 networking". Contents of script below:
I got this from a combination of 00hwclock in /etc/apm/event.d and hunting around on the net. Problem is, that it doesn't seem to work.Code:#! /bin/sh if [ "$1" = suspend ]; then /etc/init.d/networking stop elif [ "$1" = resume ] && [ "$2" != standby ]; then /etc/init.d/networking restart fi
Questions:
1.) How can I check if my script is actually being executed when the laptop resumes?
2.) Assuming it is actually running, is this script correct/suitable?
Thanks !

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital WD 3.5" Western Digital Red 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD - Works great
$79.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99