Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problems with Realtek 8139 on Desknote 901

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3

    Problems with Realtek 8139 on Desknote 901

    Hi,
    I am a new user of the Knoppix. I like the concept of a CD Linux. I have booted my laptop and everything seems fine, except for the network. I have a realtek 8139 NIC, and it seems to be detected by the systems, but it can not get and IP address via DHCP. And when I assign a static IP, I can not access the network. I have tried the lspci and it shows the same IRQ, MEM and I/O as in my windows, where BTW the card works perfectly. I saw some solutions involving ACPI and kernel compilation, but I was wondering how to do this when I want to be just a CD based user?

    Please help.

    A.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Try "knoppix noapic" at the boot prompt. Other users seem to have neded this cheatcode before with that particular NIC.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3
    Already tried, no result!

    Thanks anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 12:54 AM
  2. Trying to get Realtek 8139 working
    By coltrane in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:50 AM
  3. yet another problem with realtek 8139...
    By giax in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 04:01 AM
  4. more realtek 8139 NIC problems
    By nmather in forum Networking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:13 PM
  5. Problem on running a Realtek 8139
    By funsteve2001 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set picture

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set

$20.00