Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't access Display

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14

    Can't access Display

    When I click "display" in control center, nothing happens, I'd like to change the resolution.
    All the other options load to change configuration, eg keyboard, mouse.

    Does anyone else have this problem with their install?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14

    Here's what worked for me in rgrds 2 ur issue!

    Hi ,

    I'm a complete noob but maybe I can help (cross fingers! )

    I had a similar problem, everytime I wanted to adjust/configure my display settings, I'd click on the X icon in settings/control centre & it would just hang for a while & then stop.

    So I looked in the the help section & under "Unix Mannual pages" I found that you can configure your Display, Keyboard. mouse etc by going to the shell (command line) & doing the following:

    type su to be in the root/supper user mode
    then type: xf86cfg & hit enter

    this will bring up a low graphic where you can click & configure your issues - VERY EASY!

    After you finish, just exit & you'll be asked if you want to save changes, hopefully you made the correct changes & u have to log out & relog in (not restarting the computer! just restarting X or KDE) in order for the new settings to take hold.

    I had to change my monitors refresh rate & it worked perfect.


    Good luck!
    R.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5
    Log on as root and not as knoppix, then it should work from the GUI.

Similar Threads

  1. Display
    By maestrobwh1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 12:58 AM
  2. Cannot Access Display Settings after hdd install
    By Coolnat2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 11:40 PM
  3. Display
    By illcuban in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 07:14 PM
  4. display with SIS m650
    By fougny in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 06:24 PM
  5. cannot get x to display
    By jclochesy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Yealink SIP Phone T85W picture

Yealink SIP Phone T85W

$153.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99