-
need KDevelop help!!!!
I'm using Knoppix because I have a Web site with a Unix server, a CGI program written in C, and a Windows development system. I needed a way to compile my CGI for Unix. But I'm having an AWFUL time. I need help BADLY. I'm very unfamiliar with Unix-isms such as all the different flavors of makefiles and configure files. I have no idea what these things do--pages and pages of indecipherable code. And I'm also lost when it comes to KDevelop. I can't figure out what all that auto-generate stuff is.
I know how to write a makefile that says simply what the input files are and where the libraries I want to link to are, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to communicate this to KDevelop, which is insistent on generating its own makefiles using all these other weird files that I can't decipher.
I finally managed to get the project set up to the point where I could try to compile, but I have two serious problems and not the hint of a solution:
(1) I'm getting a zillion errors complaining about every trigonometric function I call (sin(), cos(), etc.). I have math.h included at the top and this compiled fine on Windows. I also confirmed that math.h is on the Knoppix CD, though I can't begin to say if it's in the right place or if I need to do something special to point to it (evidence suggests I should). The Help file is not searchable.
(2) KDevelop does not know about the special library I need to link to, though I tried to put this in the makefile that it (of course) ignored. HOW DO I TELL IT ABOUT MY LIBRARY???? (I did manage, by some miracle, to compile the library.)
I wish I could find a consise overview of KDevelop and its weirdness for reasonably intelligent developers coming from the Windows platform, but I can find NOTHING. Please can someone help me??????? What I want to do is so simple, and it looks like it may take half my lifetime. It would be worlds easier to just get a Windows server.
Similar Threads
-
By MRA in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:48 AM
-
By AS in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 07:36 PM
-
By h3rald in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 02:56 PM
-
By Spyder_Snyper in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:19 AM
-
By code-pupil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00