-
Junior Member
registered user
I was just reading on linuxprinting.org anf found this:
Why can't I print when I'm using USB?
You're probably trying to print directly to /dev/usb/lp0, which won't work and tends to get this model into a bad state that can only be recovered from by power-cycling the device.
For CUPS, you'll print through the CUPS ptal backend, not the usb backend"
How do i configure this in Knoppix??? PLEASE HELP! Thanks, -Alex
*edit*LOL. Three posts in a minute. Anyway, I'm certain this is my problem, as whenever I try to print from Knoppix using the default configuration, it won't work in M$ Windows again until I power-cycle. *end edit*
Similar Threads
-
By truefate in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:25 AM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:12 AM
-
By NickC in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 06:47 PM
-
By qman_txun in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 12:56 AM
-
By charles in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99