-
Senior Member
registered user
Fstab mounted device, users cant view/open (resolved)
Ok, I added a new hard drive (it contains a Win98 VFAT), named /dev/hdc1 - mount point is to /gblusr/dosd - which I created the mount point directory, did a chmod 777 on, and chgrp to users
fstab file has the following:
/dev/hdc1 /gblusr/dosd vfar defaults,user,exec 0 0
NOTE: even though my typing maybe bad, the directory and fstab file are the same folder name, i.e. /gblusr/dosd - and I not only did a chmod and chgrp on /gblusr/dosd but also on /gblusr - just to be sure that the complete tree structure can be accessed by everyone...
Problem is that only Root can view the device, if any other user attempts to load a view of the device, which is already mounted, they get access denied, and a empty folder view.
Did I miss something?
One thing I can't understand though, if I examine my "groups", I don't have a group named "user", but rather a group called "users" - but the fstab file shows "user" - singular, if I try and change permissions within the right-click "properties" of something, and change the "group" their, it wants to use "users" - plural. Which is right, and where does each one get used? Shouldn't a chgrp be to "users", or should fstab be "users" ??? I am getting lost on this subject, but the only thing I have currently is a Win98 hard drive, with a Wine test, that I can't even get to the device to test. (yes, this is the finicky DOS program, STILL
-=- I can't believe I am STILL trying to get that stupid DOS program to run)
Help, please, anyone, throw me a bone here [giggle]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By cheetahman in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:58 AM
-
By Sebulba in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 07:02 AM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:39 AM
-
By MrAhmad in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:41 PM
-
By Henk Poley in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.60

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

NEW SGIN 18.5" Laptop Intel Core i3-10100Y 16GB RAM 1TB SSD RJ45 USB-C Win11
$402.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45