-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.3 HDbased install problem.
Hello all,
I'm new to linux, and I like knoppix a lot! I am trying to do a hdbased install of knoppix to my hd so I can use the cd to boot and then have the hd install take over. Or have the xp boot.ini boot to the hd based install. I have a limited amount of space on my hard drive so can't do a full install yet until I get a new (larger) hd. Here's what I have and did. My config as follows on my laptop: 6 partitions- c:=FAT (200mb), d: thru g:=NTFS(4.5gb), j:=FAT32 (1.5gb) *note*:had to resize G: to 3 gb to make the J: partition for the hdbased install of Knoppix. I used qtparted to do this, and was successful. Booted cd and then copied the cd to J: using the instructions from the hdbased howto. Everything went ok, till I had problems with the lilo part. I don't want to install Lilo to be the boot manager on C:, but wouldn't mind if I could somehow get lilo written into boot.ini or use the cd to boot and then turn over to the hd. The kernel panics when I attempted the fromhd=/mnt/hda9 cheatcode when booting from the cd. It attempts to look for it from /mnt/hda1 instead and crashes. Is there a way to do this? If so, how?
Similar Threads
-
By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 02:49 AM
-
By Popovn in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 01:18 PM
-
By Popovn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 01:16 PM
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 01:23 AM
-
By reub2000 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99