-
Serial Kernel
I have build a 2.4.24 kernel with the serial console built-in, and have remastered my KNOPPIX CD to use isolinux. I have added "serial 1 9600" to my isolinux.cfg, and have added "console=ttyS1,9600n8" to the append line of all kernels. Also I have modified the inittab to put a serial console on ttyS0 and ttyS1. Isolinux on boot will output to serial, once the kernel is loaded I get no more output until getty is started by init and I am able to log in.
I need to be able to see what is going on during boot. Any ideas??
Thanks
Tim
Similar Threads
-
By smitstain in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:39 PM
-
By ariels in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 08:44 AM
-
By Aleu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 05:32 AM
-
By lee in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:51 AM
-
By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030
$149.00

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW
$1000.00

Vintage Samsonite Exec Briefcase Classic 70's Style Combo Lock. OMEGA
$34.99

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard Cable 5 Pin DIN SDL Coiled Cord Parts Repair
$39.99

Quantum Model Q 2040, a vintage 8-inch full-height Winchester hard disk drive
$250.00

Vintage Tandy 1000 "Personal Computer"Keyboard
$75.00

Vintage AT&T 6312 WGS COMPUTER 386 POWERS ON & Complete
$249.95

Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare
$48.66