-
Junior Member
registered user
autoconf.h problem
Hi,
I am trying to compile 3D acceleration support for my Savage card. I downloaded all the code from the DRI CVS and when I start to comple, I eventually got an error message that /usr/include/linux/autoconf.h was missing. I did a find and that file was located in my kernel source directory knoppix-2-4-22-xfs/include/linux. I copied it there and now my programs compile fine. Is there a reason it is not copied to /usr/include/linux when I do a hard drive install? It looks like just about every other file in the source tree was also in /usr/include/linux but autoconf.h.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Worm,
Not sure on this, maybe someone else has a more difinitive answer, this is my guess (es)
1) The install script was in error, or the person who designed the install, pointed it to that location... (in which case, the person thought that was ok, or didn't realize it was going to that location)
or...
2) The person may have thought that that file was a "common" file, and it should be placed in that location, either as well as where you were compiling (in which case they forgot the other location to ALSO place the file), or, they may have "assumed" that would be where you would be compiling it at (in which case, the assumption they made was invalid).
In either case, I think you were in correctness to copy the file where you needed it, and maybe not moving the file. ( who knows why it was put their, and I wouldn't make the assumption, myself, to remove it from where they thought it was to be, copy is good
[IMHO] )
Someone have any other ideas on this?
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00