I had a lot of probs trying to keep my ethernet modules loaded at boot and not having to manually modprobe them after...

OR# Place your local directives here.
alias eth0 nvnet

# This line loads the part of the modprobe configuration managed with
# update-modules( and built from the contents of /etc/modprobe.d/.
include /lib/modules/modprobe.conf


So I did as instructed and
# more modprobe.conf
# This file is automatically generated by update-modules, please do not
# edit it directly.
# If you want to change or add anything here please read /etc/modprobe.conf,
# the files in /etc/modprobe.d/ and the manpage for update-modules(.
#

However this didnt work....
Its a real mess all the servers fail at boot like DCHP and BIND etc.

So I just went back and ignored the directiver NOT to edit the file and it seems to be working....

Can anyone explain this or is this a relict of the liveCD on the HD install.
Or will it screw up later ???