-
FUBAR Computer
::MindMeddler2003::
Please understand that I have sweat blood and tears for this machine. Her name was EVE. As in the first Multimedia Computer of this caliber that I new Of. I designer her before I built her by watching the "Whats On the market Soon"
It took 7 months to build as I waited for the Audigy card, and the all-in-wonder radeon 7500 pro to be released to the market.
I named EVE. Respectfully ofcourse...
Now the b*st*rds at microsoft and HP released a multimedia computer with similar design. Not as good as mine though.
How to Make a $3000 dollar paperweight:
Expensive Aluminum Case
500w Aluminum Skyhawk PS
19 Inch FlatScreen Monitor
Abit K7-Raid MB
512 MB of RAM DDR SDRAM
Athlon XP 1800+
Two 100 Gig WD HD
2 Cold Cathod Lights
Blue Clear Lightup Fans
Powersupply MOD
Custom Window Kit
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Plat. EX
Creative Inspiron 5200 5.1 Surrond Snd.
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 Pro 64DDR
All Black Floppy
Black Samsung DVD/CDRW
Black Sony 52X
Logitect Cordless Freedom Pro
VCR Connected
Playstation 2 Connected
Previously Connected:
-Flat 14in off of a
PCI Radeon 7000 64DDR
(no room at college for)
PS - did not list everything
PSS - COMPUTER WITH 2 REMOTES!
Now to make the $3000 Dollar Paperweight!
1) Buy all Parts New and At Full Retail so no wait of shipping!
(All Parts day they came out)
2) Install Windows XP
3) Weight for Everything to be FRIED!
Whats Priceless:
Having Everything Hooked up to your Computer in you dorm room. Having the best TV and system, being about to play playstation while recording and editing to a VHS tape. Listening to music clearer than anyone else on the floor.
What Else Is Pricless:
Computer goes FUBAR in one random minute...
What Else Is Pricless:
Blinding someone with the Optical Out port on the Audigy HD.
Now I have some random problems, that I cant fix.
I have Installed:
Windows XP
(evil, but little installtion problems)
Mandrake 9.1
Redhat 8.0
Suse 9.0
Slackware 9.1
Gentoo Linux Stage 1 install? - yes the infamous stage 1
College Linux v2.5
Now the only thing that will run on my system.
Knoppix Linux! (from CD only)
If anyone has any suggestions for getting a SB audigy working with Knoppix, or the TV for ATI All In Wonder Radeon 7500 i would appriciate it.
Obviously, my computer is a little difficult.
PS- take note. Its not a Redon and a All In wonder card. Its both in one. Rare! Standard All in wonder wont work, same with radeon drivers. I have only got it to work with mandrake with hours of tweaking. And only with AVView.
Also the Audigy is not just the soundcard, it also has the HD.
-
Senior Member
registered user
First of all, nice system
(sounds like one of my "dream" systems, i.e. only in my dreams)
Second, was the system connected to a uninterupted power supply?
Third, just for curiousity sake, what cause the "one random minute" ?
Fourth, you have 7 (is that seven?) OS's running (coexisting) together ?
Fifth, no clue, sorry, but wanted to say, that is one heck of a nice dorm room
Good Luck, and best of, for getting it back.
Cuddles
-
Thanks =)
Hmm...
No I don't have 7 OSs at once. Those were all that I tried to install to get my system working again.
(I have uses most of them at one point or another)
One Randome Minute is just a point, for no specific reason everything went down.
Also, thanks again for the compliments.
Laters!
Similar Threads
-
By Kumagoro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By namnemet in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 10:05 AM
-
By Kram in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-25-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By markleong in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By manjo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99