-
Junior Member
registered user
Did you use an initrd in lilo.conf or since you compiled support for ReiserFSinto the kernel, did you avoid that problem.?
I am trying to compile 2.4.24 and just cannot get it to work either way. Using an initrd causes a kernel bug during boot and trying it without an initrd causes an unuseable system that spews dozens of error message just as 'INIT knoppix 2.78....' appears in the boot sequence. My tale of woe is at
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7814
Did you do it the Debian way with 'make-kpkg' or individual 'make' commands? What steps did you have to do? I have read numerous instructions and they are pretty consistent about how to do it the Debian way, but it just will not work for me when I reboot. I think it is related to handling modules which seem to have slight variations in each set of instructions.
I may just throw away 2.4.24 and take the leap to 2.6, but somehow I think I will get tripped up with the same issue as now. Besides, from the DRI-devel list there are far fewer problems using older kernels rather than new since this is what they are being developed against for the most part.
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00