I will do a memtest and try it with another CD also and let you know.
thanks,
Jim
[quote="eadz"]Originally Posted by true1ever
Wlcardconfig would be a great addition.
I also put my vote in for Gaim.
What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.
On a more optional note....I know that you played around with a preemptible kernel for Knoppix. Was it stable? If it worked well, it would be pretty cool to try out.
Can't think of anything else now.
I will do a memtest and try it with another CD also and let you know.
thanks,
Jim
[quote="eadz"]Originally Posted by true1ever
Add Wine (and winesetuptk, Xwine) and menus so stuff like gimp get listed and I think it'll be near perfect.
(Phoenix would be nice too but since konq 3.1 has tabs it doesn't matter so much)
I poped back onto this thread soley to suggest the inclusion of WINE. I'm glad the previous post already mentioned this. WINE would be a welcomed addition.
Mozilla should be there:What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.
e-mail client can filter imap, the 1.3 views, ...
DOM-inspector is very useful
Calendar
...more (does Phoenix support xml/xslt?)
Frank
Hey I love KnoppixKDE "best . distro . ever" as the comic book guy from simpsons would say. I would suggest Wine, xChat a must, Phoenix, Apache w/ PHP 4 | Mysql. Heh and possibly the ut2003 linux demo
[Edit: and a preset password for root like "knoppix"]
an option to create a boot floppy, please (I tried the image on the iso, but it didn't seem to work).
Thanks!
(Great distro, btw)
Gaim most current cvs
xine wth plugin to view subtitles
kernel patched to support lm_sensors (for hardware monitoring)
thanks![]()
startup option to remove that framebuffer. I hate it. please, I'd just like to be able to have the original knoppix style fb.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 00D0055 X3850 X6 Server Storage I/O Book Card - Tested - fast Ship
$49.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
$400.00