Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: KnoppixKDEv2

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    wlcardconfig

    Wlcardconfig would be a great addition.

    I also put my vote in for Gaim.

    What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.

    On a more optional note....I know that you played around with a preemptible kernel for Knoppix. Was it stable? If it worked well, it would be pretty cool to try out.

    Can't think of anything else now.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    86

    Re: KnoppixKDEv2

    I will do a memtest and try it with another CD also and let you know.

    thanks,
    Jim

    [quote="eadz"]
    Quote Originally Posted by true1ever
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    4) Quanta plus crashes on load (SIGSEV)
    Weird.. as the guy who reviewed it managed to load Quanta no probs.

    Maybe something funny with your cd / mam memory ?

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19
    Add Wine (and winesetuptk, Xwine) and menus so stuff like gimp get listed and I think it'll be near perfect.

    (Phoenix would be nice too but since konq 3.1 has tabs it doesn't matter so much)

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I poped back onto this thread soley to suggest the inclusion of WINE. I'm glad the previous post already mentioned this. WINE would be a welcomed addition.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1

    Re: wlcardconfig -- Phoenix-Mozilla

    What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.
    Mozilla should be there:
    e-mail client can filter imap, the 1.3 views, ...
    DOM-inspector is very useful
    Calendar
    ...more (does Phoenix support xml/xslt?)

    Frank

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4
    Hey I love KnoppixKDE "best . distro . ever" as the comic book guy from simpsons would say. I would suggest Wine, xChat a must, Phoenix, Apache w/ PHP 4 | Mysql. Heh and possibly the ut2003 linux demo


    [Edit: and a preset password for root like "knoppix"]

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    35
    an option to create a boot floppy, please (I tried the image on the iso, but it didn't seem to work).

    Thanks!

    (Great distro, btw)

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9
    Gaim most current cvs

  9. #19
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202
    xine wth plugin to view subtitles

    kernel patched to support lm_sensors (for hardware monitoring)

    thanks

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1
    startup option to remove that framebuffer. I hate it. please, I'd just like to be able to have the original knoppix style fb.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V LD2 DDR4 ECC Server RAM Memory M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Y picture

Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V LD2 DDR4 ECC Server RAM Memory M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Y

$299.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$184.95



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



Lot of 18 Various 8GB DDR4-2133 EUDIMMS. May have missing capacitors. Not Tested picture

Lot of 18 Various 8GB DDR4-2133 EUDIMMS. May have missing capacitors. Not Tested

$270.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Hynix HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN 32Gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx8 Server DDR4 RAM picture

Hynix HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN 32Gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx8 Server DDR4 RAM

$375.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.63