I'd like to see Koctave (a front-end for the popular octave math package) in the next version. I don't know if it's debianized, but works with KDE 3.1. Thanks in advance.
I have never used your disk, you may be touching the tip of the iceberg of potential KDE apps. Many you have to compile from source at www.kde.org.
How about gambas.
How about php with php-gtk, php-gd.
I'd like to see Koctave (a front-end for the popular octave math package) in the next version. I don't know if it's debianized, but works with KDE 3.1. Thanks in advance.
Xine as default movie player, noatun is inestable.
startup option to remove that new framebuffer boot.
Knoppix KDE rocks! I have been playing with it for the last couple of days and have been VERY impressed.
Suggestions:
The boot menu - list the original Knoppix boot options when F2 is pressed.
kWiFiManager - the configuration doesn't get saved.
Any idea when you may have this available?
Also - I didn't seem to find boot.img in the KNOPPIX directory on the CD. This breaks the mkfloppy.bat script to be used to build a boot floppy.
Thanks!
I installed KnoppixKDE and I am I having a blast using it, and you're looking at a guy who was (key word is WAS) Pro Microsoft. I've customized the crap out of the look and feel and have this thing looking the way I like. Here are somethings you might want to consider in your next version.![]()
On HD Installs
1 - my internet was not working, eth0 was not configured. I had to run netcardconfig inorder to surf the web. It would not save these settings and I would have to run netcardconfig everytime I booted in. (might be a bug)
2 - XCursor still showing up on menus throughout KDE
3 - If a user chooses to install, is there a way to have the installer edit the FStab file to allow for hard drive mounts, instead of a user having to edit the file himself. I noticed that was a question that came up at least ten times a day in various forums. i.e. "I installed but can't access my windows partition..."
4 - Maybe have an installer app right in the K menu when booted into the cd. That's another question we can get out of the forums "I love it, How Do I install...."
Rav
any chance to get the nvidia driver installed?
se my post here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=942
KnoppixKDE rules!
My wishes:
* LyX (the new QT/KDE version)
* apache, PHP, mysql (for web development)
* gaim (as long as kopete does not work with AIM)
* Bootsplash animated Progress Bar (the Suse Patch CAN do that!)
Looking forward the next KnoppixKDE!
Why not install "kde-i18n-**" packages to put KDE desktop in other languages?
At least the three or four most important.
Hi,
I've had a look at KnoppixKDE and missed GIMP. Have I just been blind or is it really missing?
I would love seeing it in KnoppixKDE, as well as Evolution.
Sorry to read about OO.org not being to become part of it, because I really prefer it over KOffice (my personal opinion).
Otherwise:
Nice thingy.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95