-
For people who would like to install....
I installed KnoppixKDE and I am I having a blast using it, and you're looking at a guy who was (key word is WAS) Pro Microsoft. I've customized the crap out of the look and feel and have this thing looking the way I like. Here are somethings you might want to consider in your next version.
On HD Installs
1 - my internet was not working, eth0 was not configured. I had to run netcardconfig inorder to surf the web. It would not save these settings and I would have to run netcardconfig everytime I booted in. (might be a bug)
2 - XCursor still showing up on menus throughout KDE
3 - If a user chooses to install, is there a way to have the installer edit the FStab file to allow for hard drive mounts, instead of a user having to edit the file himself. I noticed that was a question that came up at least ten times a day in various forums. i.e. "I installed but can't access my windows partition..."
4 - Maybe have an installer app right in the K menu when booted into the cd. That's another question we can get out of the forums "I love it, How Do I install...."
Rav
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064
$199.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple IIc TV Switch Box A2M4041 825-0814-A RF Switch Original Accessory
$23.00

11 Vintage Apple 3.5" Floppy Disc Label
$10.00

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$350.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99