I will do a memtest and try it with another CD also and let you know.
thanks,
Jim
[quote="eadz"]Originally Posted by true1ever
Wlcardconfig would be a great addition.
I also put my vote in for Gaim.
What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.
On a more optional note....I know that you played around with a preemptible kernel for Knoppix. Was it stable? If it worked well, it would be pretty cool to try out.
Can't think of anything else now.
I will do a memtest and try it with another CD also and let you know.
thanks,
Jim
[quote="eadz"]Originally Posted by true1ever
Add Wine (and winesetuptk, Xwine) and menus so stuff like gimp get listed and I think it'll be near perfect.
(Phoenix would be nice too but since konq 3.1 has tabs it doesn't matter so much)
I poped back onto this thread soley to suggest the inclusion of WINE. I'm glad the previous post already mentioned this. WINE would be a welcomed addition.
Mozilla should be there:What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.
e-mail client can filter imap, the 1.3 views, ...
DOM-inspector is very useful
Calendar
...more (does Phoenix support xml/xslt?)
Frank
Hey I love KnoppixKDE "best . distro . ever" as the comic book guy from simpsons would say. I would suggest Wine, xChat a must, Phoenix, Apache w/ PHP 4 | Mysql. Heh and possibly the ut2003 linux demo
[Edit: and a preset password for root like "knoppix"]
an option to create a boot floppy, please (I tried the image on the iso, but it didn't seem to work).
Thanks!
(Great distro, btw)
Gaim most current cvs
xine wth plugin to view subtitles
kernel patched to support lm_sensors (for hardware monitoring)
thanks![]()
startup option to remove that framebuffer. I hate it. please, I'd just like to be able to have the original knoppix style fb.

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$51.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
HGST Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" Enterprise SATA 7200RPM Internal HDD HUS724020ALA640
$54.99
Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00