Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: KnoppixKDEv2

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    wlcardconfig

    Wlcardconfig would be a great addition.

    I also put my vote in for Gaim.

    What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.

    On a more optional note....I know that you played around with a preemptible kernel for Knoppix. Was it stable? If it worked well, it would be pretty cool to try out.

    Can't think of anything else now.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    86

    Re: KnoppixKDEv2

    I will do a memtest and try it with another CD also and let you know.

    thanks,
    Jim

    [quote="eadz"]
    Quote Originally Posted by true1ever
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    4) Quanta plus crashes on load (SIGSEV)
    Weird.. as the guy who reviewed it managed to load Quanta no probs.

    Maybe something funny with your cd / mam memory ?

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19
    Add Wine (and winesetuptk, Xwine) and menus so stuff like gimp get listed and I think it'll be near perfect.

    (Phoenix would be nice too but since konq 3.1 has tabs it doesn't matter so much)

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I poped back onto this thread soley to suggest the inclusion of WINE. I'm glad the previous post already mentioned this. WINE would be a welcomed addition.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1

    Re: wlcardconfig -- Phoenix-Mozilla

    What would you think about substituting Phoenix for Mozilla? Phoenix has all the browsing features of mozilla and is smaller and faster. I don't think people are using the html editor (though i could be wrong) and for e-mail there is Kmail.
    Mozilla should be there:
    e-mail client can filter imap, the 1.3 views, ...
    DOM-inspector is very useful
    Calendar
    ...more (does Phoenix support xml/xslt?)

    Frank

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4
    Hey I love KnoppixKDE "best . distro . ever" as the comic book guy from simpsons would say. I would suggest Wine, xChat a must, Phoenix, Apache w/ PHP 4 | Mysql. Heh and possibly the ut2003 linux demo


    [Edit: and a preset password for root like "knoppix"]

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    35
    an option to create a boot floppy, please (I tried the image on the iso, but it didn't seem to work).

    Thanks!

    (Great distro, btw)

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9
    Gaim most current cvs

  9. #19
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202
    xine wth plugin to view subtitles

    kernel patched to support lm_sensors (for hardware monitoring)

    thanks

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1
    startup option to remove that framebuffer. I hate it. please, I'd just like to be able to have the original knoppix style fb.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed picture

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed

$466.65



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$345.97



Juniper EX2200-C-12T-2G 12-Port Gigabit Ethernet 2x SFP Fanless Switch picture

Juniper EX2200-C-12T-2G 12-Port Gigabit Ethernet 2x SFP Fanless Switch

$110.00



Juniper AP34-US Mist AI Wireless Access Point WiFi 6 Indoor AP (no power) picture

Juniper AP34-US Mist AI Wireless Access Point WiFi 6 Indoor AP (no power)

$200.00



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



JUNIPER QDD-400G-FR4 . 400G-FR4 SMF 2KM picture

JUNIPER QDD-400G-FR4 . 400G-FR4 SMF 2KM

$1500.00



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99